We’ve just spent a week in Dallas and can officially declare that they do it bigger and better in the lone star state! This week on our weekly obsessions we share with you our love of all things Texan -
1. What better way to celebrate Texas than by attending the annual state fair of Texas? Held yearly in Dallas, the fair features carnival rides, an auto show and a contest celebrating all things fried. Deep-fried bubble gum anyone?
2. One of the most delicious drinks I’ve ever had originates from the hip town of Austin. The Mexican Martini combines tequlia, cointreau, juice and olives.
3. If you’re ever in Dallas pop by Nest on McKinney Ave. The home goods store is gorgeously curated by buyer Donald Fowler with Jonathan Adler, Missoni and Kartell. Don’t forget to look out for African print pillows by Eva Sonaike and fabulous candles from Native Edge.
4. Looking for some great Southern food? Look no further than Hattie’s in the Dallas Oak Cliff Bishop Arts District. This restaurant serves delicious southern fare in a vintage-tiled, high ceiling space. The fried catfish is a must.
5. Everybody we met in Texas was polite and charming to a T. Need to brush up on your manners? We recommend Kate Spade’s Manners, which sheds light on the many etiquette conundrums we all face.
6. We love Texas based Hari Mari‘s flip-flops which come in a variety of poppy colors that are perfect for the scorching Texas heat.
Summer isn’t officially here yet, but we thought we’d get a jump start and share some of our favorite summer reads:
1) I am completely obsessed with the HBO mini-series. What better way to supplement this obsession than by reading the book the TV show is based on? Plus I can’t wait another few months to find out what happens to Daenerys!
2) I’ve been an avid follower of Parisian Clotilde Dusoulier’s blog Chocolate & Zucchini for several years now. Her cookbook shares her love of all things food related and includes 75 delicious French recipes.
3) What summer reading list would be complete without Gilbert’s “Eat, Pray, Love”? Read it again and then book that trip to Bali pronto!
4) I love all of Julian Barnes’ books. This one is witty, funny and perfect for a lazy summer evening.
5) Gorgeous photo book and travel narrative produced by one of my favorite publishers Assouline. This one has prime space on my coffee table where I can refer to it daily for inspiration.
6) There’s a lot of pressure to have a perfectly decorated home. Thank God for Lemieux’s “Undecorate” which champions an imperfect and whimsical approach to interior design.
This week we’re obsessed with all things pink. From our Rachel clutch in fuchsia to Anthropologie’s fleur-de-lys tumbler, we just can’t get enough of this feminine hue. Our favorite of the lot? Jessica Chastain in Cannes – because any dress with pockets gets our vote!