We’ve just spent a week in Dallas and can officially declare that they do it bigger and better in the lone star state! This week on our weekly obsessions we share with you our love of all things Texan -
1. What better way to celebrate Texas than by attending the annual state fair of Texas? Held yearly in Dallas, the fair features carnival rides, an auto show and a contest celebrating all things fried. Deep-fried bubble gum anyone?
2. One of the most delicious drinks I’ve ever had originates from the hip town of Austin. The Mexican Martini combines tequlia, cointreau, juice and olives.
3. If you’re ever in Dallas pop by Nest on McKinney Ave. The home goods store is gorgeously curated by buyer Donald Fowler with Jonathan Adler, Missoni and Kartell. Don’t forget to look out for African print pillows by Eva Sonaike and fabulous candles from Native Edge.
4. Looking for some great Southern food? Look no further than Hattie’s in the Dallas Oak Cliff Bishop Arts District. This restaurant serves delicious southern fare in a vintage-tiled, high ceiling space. The fried catfish is a must.
5. Everybody we met in Texas was polite and charming to a T. Need to brush up on your manners? We recommend Kate Spade’s Manners, which sheds light on the many etiquette conundrums we all face.
6. We love Texas based Hari Mari‘s flip-flops which come in a variety of poppy colors that are perfect for the scorching Texas heat.