Looking for a perfect Fall dish? Try this Maple Cinnamon Pear Crisp by Jahnela of Papayanwell. The best part? Add fresh yoghurt to the leftovers and you have yourself a scrumptious breakfast.
- Oven Temp: 385F
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup crushed mixed nuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 pears diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 a squeeze of lemon
- Add all of the oatmeal mixture ingredients in one bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the pear mixture, incorporate well.
- Using a medium cast-iron skillet (or any baking dish) place your pears and then top with the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Midway through, pour some water on top while everything cooks (this will help your pears soften and your oatmeal topping stick together).
- Once your pears soften, turn on the broil function. (To achieve a golden crust on top).
- Serve with ice cream or vanilla yogurt and enjoy.