Our Commitment to Privacy
If you have questions or concerns regarding your account or this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection & Use of Personal Information
To deliver the best browsing experience and highest standard of customer service, we receive and store personal and non-personal information about you and your use of our Site, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, cookies, web sites referring you to the Site and how you interact with the Site.
We use order information to fulfill orders placed on the Site when processing payments, order deliveries and arranging for confirmation emails to notify you of your order status. Additionally, we use order information to screen for potential fraud risk (like your IP address). When in-line with your preferences, we may also use personal information to contact you about our products and services.
You may choose not to provide personal information. But the personal information we request is for the purpose of providing our products and services to you.
- Personal information is required during registration to process orders, for payment clearance, delivery, service enquiries, fraud protection and order processing and when using sharing features or account registration. Information like your name, billing address, shipping address, credit card, PayPal or other payment method account name and email address are used for this reason. You may request us to delete your order information at any time after your order has been processed by contacting Customer Services at email@example.com.
- Your information is also used to provide services like newsletter subscriptions or customer service enquiries. We may store information for such purpose.
- We use your e-mail address to send newsletters only if you have subscribed to receive messages from our Site. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may update your account settings or click the unsubscribe link in our newsletter.
- We may collect information related to your use of our Site. Analysis in an anonymous form may be provided to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties to improve your shopping experience.
- Log files track actions you take on the Site, including data like your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, time stamps and referring websites.
- Web beacons, tags or pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Non-personal information is information that does not have a direct association to you. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to related parties of KAYU, and to authorized third parties performing services on our behalf. This includes payment providers to facilitate purchasing, fulfillment providers to facilitate order management, packaging and delivery or companies that help personalize your shopping experience. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. Where legally compelling grounds exist, we may disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies, and otherwise in the defense of legal claims.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We use FedEx, UPS, DHL and USPS for shipping logistics and order fulfillment.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Our partners may have limited access to your information for the purpose of providing such services. We do not authorize any company to use or disclose your personal information. We do not share or sell your personal information. However, we do reserve the right to disclose personal information if we reasonably believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request,
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities, security or technical issues,
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of KAYU, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Our services are not directed to children under 16 years of age, and KAYU does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access our services. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 16, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s Account.
We use your Personal Information to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to continue to display content that’s relevant to you, however, you may choose to opt out of this type of advertising by using the links below:
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Links
KAYU uses the most up-to-date website security to protect our clientele. We employ Secure Socket Layering (SSL) technology that encrypts and protects your data when transmitted via the Internet. SSL security is denoted by “https:” in the url field at the top of your browser. However, we cannot assume liability for improper access to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and for restricting access to the computer or device through which you use your account.
Changes to Our Policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
1513 S. Claremont St, San Mateo CA 94402